Tuesday, January 5, 2010

what i do - music

i write, record and perform original music. this is my passion. My style is solo acoustic indie rock with a strong lyrical back bone. Some of the folks i look up to are Beck, Bright Eyes, Neil Young and Elliot Smith. more recently people like Hayden, Chris Garneau, and Gregory and the Hawk have been doing it for me. i have recorded two full length albums and one compilation CD of mixed material. My formula is home brewed. I recorded everything myself, at home. Although when my prior albums were finished, i have taken them to the studio for some extra pzazz. i wright and record consistently. the energy and time I'd prefer to dedicate to this is often limited. but i do not look for much in return from my songs. i do not make music for money, recognition or approval. i write because if i do not, it would be suicide. Steven King said that, or something like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment